Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
To confirm the stay, we require 30% deposit (maximum 200 euros) and the balance due on the day of travel (compared to 50% before covid and the balance due was one week before departure). If you cannot travel due to covid (closed borders, quarantine, illness), you may postpone the trip to another convenient time. We hope you find this approach correct and remain open to dialogue. Thank you for your collaboration.
Article 1. Conditions of Booking
The participant confirms that he or she can swim at least 25 meters and does not have any physical limitation, medical illness or mental disability that would prevent him/her from participating in surfing activities. He/she is not under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, drugs or any other substance while following the course. Any medical treatment or health issue should be communicated to the instructor prior to the inscription.
Article 2. Booking and Payment
Bookings can be made either by email; through the online booking form; by WhatsApp or by telephone.
The reservation is confirmed only when the full amount has been received on the Aloha Surf Academy (ASA) bank account or paid through Pay Pal (+3.5% added tax). Once full payment has been received you, the customer will receive relevant details concerning the course/surf holiday.
Article 3. Conditions of Cancellation
The booking can be canceled by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
For cancellations received more than 30 days prior to the beginning of the course/arrival at the accommodation, the customer will receive 75% of the amount paid.
For cancellations between 29 and 2 days before the beginning of the course/arrival at the accommodation, the customer will receive 50% of the amount paid.
In the case of cancellation a day before the beginning of the course/arrival at the accommodation – or should you need to cancel during the stay, and in case of no show to the class or guided tour, no repayments will be made. Should you need to cancel for medical reasons, accident or illness, ASA will provide a certificate, along with an invoice for your insurance company stating that you did not follow the course. We recommend in this case that you see a doctor.
Article 4. Internal Rules
- Should ASA need to cancel classes for reasons beyond its control like storms, strong winds, high waves, these will be replaced (space permitting). No repayments will be made due to adverse weather conditions however.
- The participant agrees to follow the orders and instructions of the instructor. In the case of irresponsible behaviour which could endanger either the health or image of a customer or ASA, the customer may be excluded from the lessons after previous warning. In this case the course fee will not be returned.
Article 5. Images
Subscribing to our services, the participant accepts that any photographs taken during a class or during other activities organised by ASA may be used without charge for promotional or marketing purposes (brochures, leaflets, website etc).
Article 6. Materials and Vehicle
- The participant is responsible for his/her own and/or rented equipment (surfboards, wetsuits, leash, lycra) during the surf course. In case of loss, theft or damage, the material will be fixed at the participant’ cost or refunded on the value of purchase.
- A broken surf board costs about 130 Euro. ASA can provide you with an invoice of the shaper (person who fixes boards) for a claim to your insurance.
- The participant needs to wear security belts in ASA’s vehicle and are informed that they are responsible for the cost of any damages caused to the vehicle due to their negligence.
- The participant accepts full responsibility for personal injury or death due to a traffic accident whether or not caused by the negligence of the released parties (ASA and partners).
Article 7. Insurance
Aloha Surf Academy (ASA) has third party public liability insurance.
Therefore, we recommend you to contract an adequate holiday insurance as well as personal accident insurance for any incident/injuries that may sustain while travelling and practicing surfing during your time with ASA.
ASA and its employees are not responsible for any liability, claims, demands or causes of action that the student may hereafter have for injuries, disability, death or damage out of his/her participation in surfing/skating activity/other activities due to either physical inability or medical consultations, or the non-respect of the instructor’s instructions.
Minors and their parents acknowledge and accept that surfing/skating are extreme sports not without danger and they assume full responsibility for any personal injury or death while participating in surfing/skating activity whether or not caused by the negligence of the released parties (ASA and partners).
Article 9. Personal Data
Your contact data is included in a file which is property of ASA. Any changes, access, rectifications, cancellations or objection rights can be sent through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org sending. Please send us a copy of your ID/Passport along with such an e-mail.
ASA respects the privacy of all users of our site and ensures that all personal information provided will be treated confidentially and with care. The customer accepts that data (full name, phone number, accommodation, address, ID passport, email) are used only to ensure good planning of their stay and that they are shared with partners only for other services such as accommodation or extra activities.
Moreover, the customer accepts that their e-mail addresses can be used for sending our satisfaction survey; newsletters to read our latest news and of course any new offers!
Our alohasurfacademy.ch page contains links to other websites. ASA can not be held responsible for the security of other websites.
Computers used by ASA are protected with anti-virus programmes and we guarantee confidentially.
Signing up for a course with ASA, you the customer, confirms having personally read and accepted the above terms and conditions for yourself or/and for the minor on behalf of whom you are signing.